· A new Yacht Club facility to replace the old Pleasant Point Club House on Rat Island destroyed by the earthquakes.
· Located across the estuary (where the club was historically located) at South New Brighton Reserve to the south of the jetty.
· Includes replacement boat ramp.
· Combined with community facility and with viewing platform that can also serve as a bird-watching look-out.
· Requires some hard engineering estuary edge treatment in the vicinity to protect assets from coastal erosion.
· Requires provision to future-proof club house against sea level rise (eg stilts, re-locatable, and/or built on floating caissons).
· Requires basic infrastructure to service toilets and access to water and power supply.
· Funding is available from club insurance receipts and Canterbury Earthquake Appeal Trust grant.