· A network of cycle and walk ways throughout the east based around the lower Avon corridor.
· Including the CCC Avon-Otakaro Cycleway.
· Provision for dedicated cycle commuter routes.
· Recreational cycle and walkways – paved dual-function pathways, unpaved walking tracks and rough terrain (MTB) cycle tracks with safe intersections.
· A network of cycle and walkways that provide for safe local connections to schools, shops and amenities – including provision of additional footbridges.
· Connections to the CBD and beyond in the west; Bottle Lake Forest, Brooklands, and Waimakiriri Regional Park in the north; and Coastal Pathway, Heathcote and Port Hills in the south.
· Meeting the maximum diversity of needs.
· Safety for diverse users.
· Strengthening community connectedness.